Great Barrier Reef Cruise Compass Cruises Family Package:
Travel on our budget family day tour to the Great Barrier Reef with Compass Cruises and enjoy the magic of the outer Great Barrier Reef without breaking the bank! This snorkeling package is for families of 2 adults and 2 children age 4-11 years. (Under 4 years travel free). It’s fun for everyone as you select activities you wish to participate in.
Your Day Includes:
- Two spectacular locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling, Snorkel Equipment & Tuition
- Free Scuba Diving Demonstration (+12 years only)
- Up to 5 hours at the reef
- Delicious Buffet Lunch
- Snorkelling Equipment (excluding wetsuits)
- Wine, juice, cheese & biscuits on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee
- Experienced & helpful crew
- Certified or Resort Scuba Diving for adults (no experience necessary): 1 or 2 dives available
- Guided dives for certified divers
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Bus transfers from accommodation to the Cairns Marina
- Wetsuit hire
- Prescription mask if required
- Fully licensed bar serving soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alchohol and souvenirs
What to bring:
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Suncream, hat & towel, swimming clothes
- Proof of certification if you are a certified scuba diver
Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities. Childrens prices are for ages 4-11 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.
For an all inclusive reef Family Day Trip, check out the Reef Experience Family package too and
Great Barrier Reef Family Package, Compass Cruises
- 07:30 – Board the boat Compass, at Cairns Marina ‘Marlin Wharf Berth 18’, for check-in.
- View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
- 08:00 –Approximately depart Cairns to the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Safety talk, snorkel and dive briefings
- 10:30 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
- 12:30 – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
- 13:00 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
- 15:30 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 17:30 – Approximate Arrival time at Cairns Marina
- Up to 4 hours at two Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling. Snorkelling mask, snorkel and fins included for the adults and the kids
- Free buoyancy aids – snorkelling vests and noodles
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with fresh salads (Dietary requirements are catered for: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and food allergies – please advise us upon booking)
- Fruit Platters while boarding. Tea & coffee available all day while boat stationary. Water fountain to fill your water bottle
- Glass of wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Assistance for non-confident swimmers from friendly crew
- Stinger suits are included with your trip during jellyfish season in the tropics
- Boomnetting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- A complete family friendly tour
- Family Day Tour Compass Cruises includes 2 adults and 2 children age 4-14 years. Additional adults or children may be added. 3 years old and under travel free of charge.
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost
- Scuba diving for introductory divers and certified divers. Minimum age is 12 and medical conditions do apply.
- Dive Guide for a guided tour around the reef. Scuba dive with a buddy or pay for a guided scuba dive with one of our wonderful crew. Travelling alone? The Compass Cruises team will happily organise a buddy for you on the day if you wish to dive without a guide.
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting)
- Wetsuit Hire (Great for flotation and warmth)
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn in most circumstances)
- Bus transfers from accommodation to and from the Cairns Marina
What to bring
- Proof of qualification as a Certified Diver
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
How to get there
Compass Cruises departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘Marlin Wharf berth 18’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for an approximate 8:00 am departure, directly on the boat ‘Compass’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 5:30pm
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and comply with all rules, including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible